Wednesday, September 4, 2013

31DC2013 Day 04: Green Nails

Green nails... teal... whatever. Who are you, the color police? No, you're cooler than that, I know. I'd call it an emerald teal because it definitely leans toward the green side.

Okay, I have been dreading this post because I'm so annoyed with the photos. My camera HATES teal and refuses to capture it properly. So I'm just going to throw in a bunch of them, in the hopes that as a whole it will give you an idea of what they looked like.



The base color and the glitter are such pretty "mermaid" colors, I wanted to do some scales to go with it. I've never attempted the look before, so I was learning as I went. I used a dotting tool, alternating the colors by row. I want to try to do scales again because I know it can look cool. I think next time I will look for a tutorial first. I have this thing where I like to try things by myself first, screw up, and then ask for help. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.






Well, there it is. I was really digging the manicure when I wore it. I think it was super pretty. It's just the photos that I'm frustrated with. Oh well, moving on... I know tomorrow's blue will be much easier to photograph. Yay!


What I used:
Sephora by OPI Mermaid To Order- teal base color
Jenna Hipp Look Hot Feel Cool- medium green on ring finger
OPI Live and Let Die- dark green on ring finger
Sephora by OPI Not Your Average Turquoise-  hex glitter
Ulta Love Fern- darker round and micro glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!