Monday, September 23, 2013

31DC2013 Day 22: Inspired by a Song

I kept coming up with ideas for today's Challenge prompt, but I wasn't crazy about any of them. So I spent some time scrolling through my library, hoping I would finding something I was excited about. Anyone who knows me will have assumed I would pick a David Bowie song. We all know what happens when you assume...you're often correct. Ah, but which one? As soon as I saw "Let's Dance" in my library I got a mental picture of dance diagrams. I knew that I could make a fun design out of the dance steps. Here's what I came up with!


Let's dance
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues



I started with a gray polish for my base color. Then I sponged on a blue polish to create a gradient. Then I added a moon to my thumb using my striping brush. Next it was on to the the dance steps, which I also created with my striping brush. They were the biggest pain in the butt! I don't know why I thought they'd be easier than they were. But I think they finally turned out okay. I added the dashes with my Stripe Rite polish. It was completed with some top coat.



Let's sway 
Under the moonlight, this serious moonlight



What I used:
Essie Bikini So Teeny- blue
China Glaze Pelican Gray
OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls- white
Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack?- black
It's So Easy Stripe Rite- black
Seche Vite top coat


Does it make you want to dance? If you want to watch some delicious vintage Bowie, check out the video!






6 comments:

  1. How clever! That's a lot of work. It's totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of work. But all worth it, right?

      Delete
  2. You continue to amaze me girl!! Love you always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-ma-zing. I adore everything about this. Everything from the inspiration (it really had to be David Bowie) to the design and the execution is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!