Monday, October 14, 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 09: Indian

I got behind in the Challenge again because I was stuck on wanting to do something super creative and outside the box. Problem is, I never came up with an idea that I could translate into looking good on my nails too. So in the end I took my inspiration from a box of my Yogi Bedtime tea. I went off of the pretty two-toned patterns, with a little something different on each nail. I love these colors together. They have a dreamy quality about them, don't you think?



I started with three coats of Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams. Then I free handed all the designs with my striping brush and Essie Bikini So Teeny. I also used a dotting tool in a couple of spots. I had issues getting the polish to brush on the nail evenly, so it ended up taking a lot longer than I planned. That's nothing new though, every thing takes me longer than it should!



What I used:
Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams
Essie Bikini So Teeny
Seche Vite top coat


It's been a lot less stressful having this Challenge spaced out with only three posts a week. At the same time I feel like it's going to drag on for a long time! With all the advanced notice I have for these prompt I feel like I should have super creative ideas for all of them. Here is what is coming up in the following weeks. Let me know if you have any brilliant ideas for me!


6 comments:

  1. I love this - so pretty and colours so delicate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Yogi Tea! I have three or four boxes of the stuff. Lovely nail design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a box of the Honey Lemon Throat Comfort kind at work--something in the building frequently gives me an itchy nose and sore throat, and the honey flavour is nice. I sometimes add extra honey ^_^ I like Healthy Fasting, Calming, their chai green and black are both nice, and the Vanilla Spice Energy blend is good. I seem to remember a nice cinnamon vanilla black tea but I can't find it anymore :( I have almost as much of an addiction to collecting teas as I do nail polishes! Hope you can try some of those flavours and that you enjoy them xx
      I think next time I buy tea I want to try their ginger and the "Women's Energy" kind.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments!