Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Chevrons


Happy Friday everyone! Are you all ready for Easter? I'm not at all! I haven't gotten a thing for my kids. I'm taking advantage of the fact that they're still young enough to not have expectations. Thank goodness for grandparents, because I'm basically depending on them to do all the work for me :). My mom and her husband are hosting the egg hunt and dinner. I'm just going to try to relax and focus on singing well in the choir at church. My allergies are still giving me grief, so I'm all little anxious about it. At least my nails are ready and looking good!


For this mani I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White and then top coat. It was late at night when I started, so I just left it at that until the morning. Unfortunately, I got a little bit of shrinkage from the Seche Vite top coat. Grr. Anyway... next I used some craft scissors and Scotch tape to make the chevron shapes, and tape off different areas of my nails. Then I painted on four different shades on a makeup sponge, and dabbed the sponge on each nail a couple of times before removing the tape. For the chick (isn't he tweet? ;)) I used a dotting tool for the eyes and a tiny nail art brush for the beak. I finished everything off with another coat of Seche Vite. Let's hope it doesn't shrink it too much this time :/



What I used:
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Sephora by OPI Yellow My Name is Betsey
China Glaze At Vase Value- blue
China Glaze In a Lily Bit- lilac
Jenna Hipp Hashtag- peach
Jenna Hipp Damage Control- pink
Seche Vite top coat

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all have a great Sunday! I am looking forward to spending time with family and eating yummy deviled eggs. :)

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that's adorable. I love the pastel sponging. Hope you feel better and the Easter service goes well :* and +1 for deviled eggs! One of my favourite parts about this holiday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should have deviled eggs more often. Maybe I'll bring them to Thanksgiving this year. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the chevron designs, and the chick's little eyes are so cute! Good luck with the Easter service :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter chevrons? Thats a great idea

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!