Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Something Simple: Two Toned Skinny Triangles


Hello lovely ladies! Today I have some simple nail art that anyone could recreate. I've fallen in love with nail art since I started my blog last year. I get so excited when I pull off a mani that is super complex and detailed. Sometimes though, I need something that's a little more wear-able. The morning after I did these (I almost always do my nails late at night) I wasn't sure what to wear, but then I found an outfit that coordinated perfectly. I love it when that happens!





I began with my coral base color and let it dry sufficiently. Then I cut small triangles of Scotch tape and placed them on my nails (all but my ring finger).
Some tips for this: remove some of the tackiness by pressing the tape into your palm once or twice. Also, precision tweezers make tape placement so much easier. If you don't have any, Amazon sells them for next to nothing.

Next I painted my darker shade over the tape, then carefully removed the tape.

For my ringer finger I used a square of Scotch tape and cut out a skinny triangle. I placed the square over the nail and then painted the darker shade in.

I finished off each nail with Seche Vite top coat.



What I used:
OPI You Don't Know Jacques!- brown taupe
Finger Paints Art Nouveau Nectarine- coral
Scotch tape
Seche Vite topcoat

I love this color combo! Are you a fan too?

7 comments:

  1. OMG, I love the color combo! I probably wouldn't have ever thought to put the two together but they're awesome. I'm filing this idea away for a future mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wouldn't have come up with it either! I was doing some organizing and these two ended up next to each other. It was very fortuitous. :)

      Delete

  2. super as always with what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, but looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!