Sunday, July 6, 2014

OMD2 Challenge Day 6 - Duochrome


Today's OMD2 Challenge prompt is duochrome. I LOVE the way duochromes look in the bottle. They still look pretty cool once they're on the nail, but I'm always just slightly disappointed. For that reason, and for the fact that I have a hard time finding good ways to use them in nail art, I don't own many. The duochrome featured in this mani, Sephora by OPI Nifty Shades of Gray, is one of about five that I have. Since I've done a couple labor intensive nail art manicures recently, I went real low key with this one.


I really like how it turned out! The duochrome may not be a superstar in this mani, but I love how it all came together. I really enjoyed wearing this one.


I feel like I want to wear this again in the Fall/Winter. It would be perfect!


What I used:
Wet n' Wild Fastdry Ebony Hates Chris- black
Sephora by OPI Nifty Shades of Gray- purple/gray/green duochrome
Sephora by OPI Domestic Goddess- purple
OPI Jade is the New Black- green

How much do you like duochromes/multichromes and how often do you wear them? I'd love to hear some great ideas for incorporating them more often!

Also, today is the last day of The Mercurial Magpie's huge 1 Year Blogversary giveaway. There are 30 prizes in all! I donated a few awesome items. Go enter and maybe you'll win them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!