Wednesday, September 17, 2014

31DC2014 Day 16: Geometric Perfect Symmetry


Happy Halfway of the Challenge ladies! Only 15 more days to go! I just swept my floor, possibly for the first time in two weeks. I haven't showered yet today (yes that's where that smell is coming from). Probably 100 other things have been neglected (love you kids!), but I think it's been worth it so far..

I have another album cover art mani for you today. This time my inspiration was an album from probably my all-time favorite band, Keane. As I sat down to do my nails, the cover of Perfect Symmetry popped into my head. I realized that this had been on some mental mani to-do list a long time ago, and this was the perfect opportunity to finally try it.

Source: Wikipedia


This mani took waaay longer than I expected! Which is the case of pretty much every single manicure I do. I did it with a mix of acrylic paints and nail polish.



I hope the title "Perfect Symmetry" wasn't misleading. This isn't perfect, but I think I did a pretty darn good job!



Bonus photos of Keane's Perfect Symmetry tour concert:

Can you see the geometric shapes from the cover art in the background?

Left to right: My sister Melanie, Tom (lead vocalist), me
I had to include this last photo because well, it's TOM! <3



Last year's Day 16 prompt was Tribal Print, but was changed this year to Geometric. Here's what I did for last year.

Thanks for reading! Are you looking forward to the second half of the Challenge? I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!