Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Night Sky


There are just a few days left until Halloween! My other Halloween mani this year was on the romantic and sophisticated side. For this one I wanted something that's more playful and juvenile. I'd say I achieved that objective because my kids especially loved this mani!


For this mani I started with a base of black polish.

Then using a star shaped hole punch, I punched some stars into painters tape. I laid the tape over the nail and rubbed it along each edge to smooth out any gaps.

Next I painted over the star shapes with white polish and carefully removed the tape.

I then used a small detailing brush to add green, orange, and purple polish over the stars. I finished it off with a coat of fast-drying topcoat.


I love how it turned out just as a had planned! Except for a couple things. My bat was supposed to look much more like a bat. But my kids could tell what it was so that's usually a good sign. Secondly, the photos all turned my purple into a more blueish shade. It's the perfect color in person so it's not that big of a deal. Just annoying, that's all.



What I used:
Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris- black
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Sephora by OPI Hi Def- orange
Sephora by OPI It's Totally Karma- green
Love, Charlotte XO (no name)- purple
Glisten and Glow HK Girl topcoat


If Halloween doesn't already bring out the kid in you, I hope this mani will!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!