Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Spell Polish Swatches and Review



Hey there! Today I have for you some swatches of a brand that was new to me, Spell Polish. With this post complete I'm hoping to finally be guilt free. I've been hanging on to these photos for months and it's been bothering me so bad that I haven't published them! Now they're here so let me tell you a little more about the brand.

Formula and application:
Spell Polish is a 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor) and cruelty free artisan brand. There is a wide variety of formulas, finishes, and colors which you will get a sampling of in this post. The formulas of each one I tried were high quality and I didn't have any issues with application. 

Bottle and brush:
The bottles are a favorite part of mine because they are rectangular and skinny, meaning they store really well together! I also have to point out how pretty the logo is and the added "S" on the cap (not visible in my photos, sorry). They contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are thin and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 

Now let's take a closer look!


Early Echos is a lavender chrome holo and my favorite of the bunch. I find this shade to be very flattering, and it looks good indoors almost as well as in direct sunlight. This is two coats, no top coat.

Captain Obvious is a blue frosted chrome with silver and blue glitters. This one is now part of the "Duds We Once Loved" collection. It is unique for sure, and I actually liked wearing this more than I thought I would. This is two coats, no top coat.

Golden Handcuffs is a brown/bronze with a dense golden shimmer and matte finish. I love brown polish and this one is again very unique to my collection. It also looks lovely with a shiny top coat, but I chose to leave it off. This is two coats.

Invisible Cloak is described as an iridescent shimmery gold/yellow/pink topper. This is one coat shown over Golden Handcuffs. I wish now that I has swatched it over at least one other polish so you could get a better idea of its personality. It's quite pretty!

Erasing History is a multichrome (dubbed Magichrome) shifter that goes beyond the usual green to purple shift. This photo captures all the colors fairly well and you can see the green, dusty rose, bronze combination here. The shimmer gives it even one more added dimension which makes it a winner to me. This is two coats, no top coat.


Each shade retails for $17 and can be purchased at spellpolish.com. They're on the pricier end, but may be just what you need to fill in gaps (that you didn't even know you had!) in your collection, or if you're just looking for something special.

Follow Spell Polish 
facebook


Have you tried Spell Polish? Do you have a favorite? Let me know what you think in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!