Friday, August 19, 2016

ABC Challenge: P is for Paint


Happy Friday everyone! This is the last weekday before the kids start back at school! Where did Summer go?? Believe me, I'm not complaining. I'm so ready for Fall. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how fast time is flying. Moving on to the nails now..

This was my first ABC Challenge design that I didn't actually plan. I was swatching this pretty soft pink polish- Pretty Serious Free Sample- when I thought some freehand floral nail art would look good over it. It wasn't until I was looking at my photos and trying to decide when to post them that I thought these would go perfectly with the letter P for "paint". I didn't already have any plans for this prompt so it worked out perfectly (Except for the fact that I didn't do my ASL hand pose with this mani).



For this look I just made it up as I went along. I thought I might just do red roses but it kept growing from there. I'm glad I didn't hold back because I LOVE the final look! I used acrylic paints, mixing together lots of colors to get these dusty shades, and a small detail brush. I finished the look with shiny top coat which really brings out the shimmer of the polish underneath. I had to try it matte too and love the result! Which version do you like better?


acrylic paints
Seche Vite top coat
Essie Matte About You top coat


Thanks so much for reading ladies! Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!