Friday, September 2, 2016

31DC2016 Day 2: Autumnal Orange



Hey hey! Day 2 of the 31 Day Challenge and I'm still on track. So good so far! I love that this challenge has me using colors I don't usually reach for. Since I don't own very many orange polishes (relative to the rest of my stash) I saw this as a good excuse to buy a few new OPIs from the Washington DC Collection that were on my wishlist. I am really digging these shades together and I am already looking forward to using them again. 


Today's look was inspired by this guest post by Christine of Cured by Chris. She really nailed that design and reminded me of all the times I've wanted to do it. So I started off my mani with the intention of filling each nail with lines of dots. Once I got to this point though I really liked it and thought it had a finished look to it. Dots are so much harder than they look though. Or is that just me? So this is a redo because I didn't like how wonky my first version was. Still not perfect, but I think it looks great all the same! 



What I used:
OPI Freedom of Peach- deep peach
OPI Yank My Doodle- rusty orange
OPI Squeaker of the House- brown
Seche Vite top coat


Anyone else end up buying polishes/stamping plates/tools/etc specifically for the challenge like I often do? What do you think of this design? It reminds me of retro knee high socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!