Saturday, April 22, 2017

Ipsy Glam Bag April 2017


I have this month's Ipsy Glam Bag to share with you! It's crazy how different they all are depending on your preferences, etc. I haven't seen anyone else with one exactly like mine (I haven't really looked that hard), so I wanted to show you the products I received. You can check out the look I did with last month's Glam Bag here.


First things first, this nail polish duo, Meg Lovey Dovey. Hmmm, I'm kinda at a loss for words. Like I understand what they were going for. Maybe if this was marketed towards tweens, because it's got a cute vibe. But for anyone serious about nail polish, the design is a no-no. They don't have handles! Beyond the design, the colors and formulas themselves were really nice and paired well together.



This blush packaging (shown above) makes me think of nylons. Do you see it too? Initially looking at the color inside the package it looked too dark for me. I thought I was going to look muddy faced like Lindsay Lohan, but it blended really well. I don't wear peach much but after a few minutes it started to grow on me. I'll be wearing this again for sure.



ColourPop "DTLA" is a deep teal leaning blue eyeliner. It didn't apply very smoothly and needed some extra pressure. It stayed well throughout the day but removing it took more effort than usual as the color just wanted to bleed. Sooo, not really a fan of this one.



Some people will claim that packaging doesn't matter. One look at this adorable eyeshadow and I will ask you, how can it not matter? The lid slides off like those old school lip balms that I loved so much. The formula was well pigmented and applied nicely. I liked the color but it was the second bronze eyeshadow that came in my bag two months in a row.




Here's the look I did with the nail polish, blush, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. I especially like how my nails turned out!




I haven't mentioned the orange "ticket" bag pictured above yet. I love it! They have been killing it with these bags, not that I need any more.

Last month I fell in love with the lippie sample and ended up buying a full size (Ipsy has special offers on many of the products each month). There wasn't anything here that I feel like purchasing at this time.

What do you think of these products? Do you have an opinion on the nail polish duo? Let me know in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!